"A person is just about as happy as he makes up his mind to be."

-Abraham Lincoln















Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Some Things We'll Miss

I know this is kinda random - but I'm honestly going to miss the windows these windows... I have found them fascinating from the day we got here. If there are windows with glass in them, the glass is always like this. Just little strips of glass panes that can each be pulled open like shutters. I love it and I love this picture where Spencer looks like he's been imprisoned. This is at the church.

We are going to miss the puppies... I'm especially going to miss watching Spencer play with them. He's so cute... and so are the puppies!

Can you see what's written on this wall? BALACK OBAMAH. We have gotten a pretty good laugh out of this. This is just one of many proofs about the people's obsession with Obama. Weird as it sounds - I am going to miss the that obsession. It's just so amusing and I'm going to miss laughing about it all the time.

I am going to miss these beautiful little children and the sweet joy they find in the simplicity of life. I love walking around and watching them play and seeing their beautiful smiles as they wave to us or come running up to us just to touch our skin. It's going to be sad to suddenly be invisible again and be just like everyone else. It's going to be a pretty big change.

Aren't they so cute!?

These two little girls, Eva and Evon, are a couple of my favorites. They come to church each week and are our very best little singers in the younger primary group. They love the songs and I love their beautiful voices and smiles every time I see them.

Although we didn't actually do this very often, I am going to miss the social acceptability of eating with your hands - or I guess HAND is more correct because only the RIGHT hand is used for eating because the left hand is considered unclean and it's actually rather offensive if you eat with your left hand.

Even my left-handed sweetie, when eating with his hands makes sure to eat with the right hand. :)

One of the things I will miss most though is our weekly family home evenings with the Abus. Last night was so wonderful and I have loved every second we have had one-on-one with the Abus here. They are the greatest family and we have been so blessed to have been here with them for the last 2 1/2 months.

Joey made a little slide show of pictures and videos we've made here and showed it for everyone last night. It was so fun to go back and remember all those fun times we had! It was so nice to sit and talk with Stephen and Margaret and Gloria and thank them for the kindness they've shown us.

At the end of our little evening, Margaret pulled out a bag and gave us our going away present.

She had dresses made for Emily and I and shirts made for Spencer and Joey! I love them! They are so beautiful and I love having these beautiful outfits to take home with me! As for Spencer - He LOVES his shirt! He looks pretty great in it too!

Here's the picture of all of us! Oh how I love them all! What an amazing 2 1/2 months we've had! We'll miss this!

No comments:

Post a Comment