"A person is just about as happy as he makes up his mind to be."

-Abraham Lincoln















Sunday, July 11, 2010

Unexpected Flowers

So the other morning as Emily and I are walking out the door to go to school I almost ran into Stephen. He promptly asks me if I know "this man". I saw a guy on the bench and didn't recognize him, kind of stumbled over my words and said, "uh... sure". Then I realized he was talking about a man who was standing just behind him, and I definitely didn't know him.
Stephen then said "Today is a special day! This man has brought you flowers!"


I then see these really cool flowers that were HUGE! Come to find out it had been a festival for the last two weeks commemorating a major loss in war when Ghana went to war against some big European country - probably England, and that day was the end of the festival and a "quiet" day. The people weren't even allowed to pound fufu (their main meal that's eaten almost every day).

Well, whoever this man is, and why-ever he had the desire to bring 4 obronis flowers for this special day is beyond me, but I loved the flowers! They definitely made my morning!

Spencer wasn't quite so thrilled as I was about the flowers, but he held them for the camera anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment